Thursday, January 26, 2012

Island Thoughts Deux

Meeting People
Meeting someone means never having to say, "Nice to meet you." Instead you say, "Nice to see you." I'm sure glad for this because it can be a bit embarrassing when you say, "Nice to meet you," and the person you're "meeting" says, "Oh, we've already met." (eyebrows raised like you should remember.) Let me tell you...I the few short months I've been here, I've met a thousand-billion fabulous people and it's really hard to keep track.

Questionable?
People in Palm Beach have led very diverse lives with varying occupations, just don't ever ask what someone does for a living. 'Cause maybe they don't really need to work and we don't want to make them say, "Nothing." Try this question when you are at a cocktail party: "Come here often?" (OK, just kidding) Ask about recent books read, favorite local haunts and favorite places traveled! Usually safe subjects.

Island Flair
If you haven't noticed yet. Island colors are bright, fun and bold, just like the plants and animals...how about some nice pink and green to go on that Lilly Pulitzer shift dress!!

Thanks for sharing another great day! See you around~
Eli

4 comments:

  1. I love your photos. And I'd love to meet you for coffee soon! So fun to take a peek into your life:) XOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura,
      Thanks. It is certainly fun to share my little salty life. I also love reading what you are up to...so you guys are planning a move? Keep me posted as it progresses...

      Delete
  2. I forget if I've met people too. Embarrassing! and I am a bit short sighted so I don't recognise them either (blush)
    Still, I like meeting with them all the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I totally understand. What a big adventure it is to meet so many new people. Thanks for stopping by...

      Delete

I'm so delighted you came to comment. Thanks!