Sunday, December 11, 2011

Accumulation, Part II: Tropics Defined

Now that I live in Palm Beach, I've discovered what accumulation means here {at least what I have noticed}: how deep the piles of overgrown greens, palms and other natural products are.

It astonished me after five months, seeing bushes bloom numerous times. Back in Colorado, many bushes bring out their splendor in the spring or summer but only once.
Blooming tree in the front of the house with a hungry visitor
Early on in my time here, I began to notice piles of green debris in neighborhoods. These piles, comprised of clipped hedge leaves, fallen palm fronds, discarded limbs and dried bits of flora, piled up at the end of driveways all over the island.


Around our block, these piles magically disappeared on Thursday afternoons.
I mean, I know it's a magical place here but that is going a bit far. On the other hand, I wouldn't put it past the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County to make middle-of-the-night round ups.

After weeks of wondering, I finally saw the claw along with his truck and gentlemen who made the magic happen.

Apparently this crew is out on the Island five days a week to keep the accumulation cleared away...all year.

Smiling! I think he couldn't imagine why I was taking these pictures.
What I want to know? Where does it all go when the truck is full? Feel free to comment if you know.

Thanks and see you next time, Eli


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted you came to comment. Thanks!