Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mother Nature's Competition

It's green.
Everywhere, green.

On Palm Beach Island, Mother Nature hardly has a chance to craft her wildly beautiful fields and forests by whistling the seeds into place, shining the warm sun and sprinkling the tiny buds with rain. Nope. The landscaper has subdued the land, invaded the walls and embellished nearly every surface around. And I say, "Wow!"

Take a little adventure around the island and you'll find nearly every shade of green you can imagine: some indigenous but many species imported from exotic lands. Every hedge, topiary, palm and more is carefully planned for its ability to shade, hide and decorate year round.

Today, I'm sharing some of my favorite images of what I call "painting green." Enjoy these island images and decide who has the upper hand: Mother Nature or landscapers!


Love the grass painting the lines between the yard tiles
Mural on the wall at 150 Worth Avenue. Go see it.

My favorite. So elegant and "natural."

I'd say the landscapers are giving Mother Nature a run for her money. What do you think?

Until next time, Eli
{all photos by me}

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful green images...I so love your blog :)


    Short Poems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! It is green here too most of the year - it certainly makes me miss Colorado less. Really cool 'mural'. Sending you my best, L

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted you came to comment. Thanks!