Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Halloween, Snow or Shine

Happy Halloween to my new island friends
and my old mountain friends!



We are super excited to be here on the Island of Palm Beach this year for Halloween because for the first time in a long time, we expect not to have snow. (Apparently, it's not that common here.) Denver, on the other hand, plays host to many bundled-up super heroes, princesses and the like as nearly every year, it snows! Want to check out the forecast for Denver? Palm Beach?

In 1993, HB, as Pink Tinkerbell, looked darling at the charming school parade. Later it seemed that Tink was having a little problem with steroids. (but at least she was warm)



This year, HB is the mad hatter and can't wait to Trick-or-Treat on Palm Beach's "Sea" streets... Seaview, Seaspray and Seabreeze.

Apparently, these neighbors hoard candy for months to try to have enough candy to make it through a few hours of passing out "sugar comas."

I was unable to find any confirmation of this online, so I guess it's not an official island event but many locals assured me this was the place to be for costumed, candy-collecting youngsters. As in most cities, going early will help stave off a late, hyper-inducing sugar buzz and might help with avoiding older kids...who should be at home passing out candy.

Anyway...

Here's my treat to you. Some town images I  photographed and "doctored up" a bit...

BOO!


 
{All pics by me}

One last little treat, a favorite hymn: I sing a song of the Saints of God...

Again, Happy Halloween and All Saint's Day.

Until next time, Eli

3 comments:

  1. Very fun Halloween post. Love the black and white photos. Visiting from Happy Homemaker UK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little miss looks adorable! A snow-free Halloween for both us this year :) Happy Halloween, my friend. Thank you for linking up to Post Of The Month Club again this month, sweets XOLaura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like someone was a Halloween Scrooge. Hope it was fun. Popping over from Post Of The Month Club

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted you came to comment. Thanks!