Friday, August 19, 2011

Sea Level Baking

 I can't wait to show you what I achieved today, Asiago Cheese Bread!!


mmmmm, and now for the story!!!

Today is a momentous day in our Palm Beach house by the sea...I am making bread...not a quick one and not with the bread machine...I know, right?

I've been a bread machine baker for years. Not a lot of loaves but I did manage to figure it out when we lived in Denver, the Mile High city, and even in Blue River, Colorado, at an elevation of 10,200 feet, just south of Breckenridge and 10 minutes from South Park {the real one, closely related to the  funny one!}

Altitude can dramatically effect the way ingredients work together, as does humidity. {flour is much drier in Colorado...lacking in humidity!!} So trying traditional bread baking is new to me and achieving it would feel like quite a feat. I am thrilled at the prospect of baking bread at sea level. I found a recipe: asiago cheese bread on Betty Crocker.

So excited to give this a go...
I gathered my ingredients: flour, yeast, sugar, salt, hot water, chopped asiago cheese and rosemary...

I love that you can actually pronounce all the items... I followed the recipe and what do you  know??? It worked!

Forming the loaf
It raised beautifully.
A deep cut down the middle and the addition of asiago!
Yummy, indeed!
 Maybe it is your turn to try something new. Find a recipe and make it. Go dancing in the rain. Try a new craft. Hug more...laugh more...give it a try.


Thanks for stopping by today...I wish you could smell my house.
Eli

Until next time, Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted you came to comment. Thanks!