Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And to top that off...


a finial, or two, or three...


Since I have been here, I've noticed a variety of stunning architectural styles and treatments. The ocean, the beach and the lifestyle here, clearly impact home styles. As I keep my eyes opened while discovering this new place, I am especially fascinated by finials. According to dictionary.com, it is a relatively small, ornamental, terminal feature at the top of a gable, pinnacle, etc.

Once I give myself a focus, I get out there and shoot, shoot, shoot.



The crazy thing? Every time I went out on this specific shoot, it rained.** So lots of these images were shot from my car, with a window rolled down, while the door and my arm got soggy and the dog dozed in the back... I LOVE discovering this place.

Please enjoy these images and then, maybe have a little treasure hunt to see if you can find them.


 








Until next time, Eli
**Look at the very first photo again and see if you can see the raindrops...cool, hugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted you came to comment. Thanks!