Thursday, July 21, 2011

Treeco-system!

I'm not sure why I can'tescape the whole flora/fauna trip that I'm taking on the blog. Maybe because the diversity of it here in Florida and how it all "lives together" is so vastly different than in the mountains. It kind of cramps my brain but also fascinates me.

This beautiful specimen of a tree is in my back yard. The other day, I was thinking how it supported all kinds of living things, like an ecosystem. According to Wikipedia, an ecosystem is  "a biological community and its physical environment." Then it occurred to me that it is a Tree-cosystem!

Every day, I see this grand structure of a tree, playing host to many plants and animals: lizards, spiders, bromeliads, and so much more. So today, I took a few minutes to look a little deeper...
Master of the house?
Wrapping Roots
An orchid grows in the nook of a branch.

Web of Wonder
and Don't forget the rare and wonderful "Ranger"

Now, can someone please tell me how to prevent my camera lens from fogging up when I go outside?

Until next time, Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted you came to comment. Thanks!